Monday, April 24, 2017

Wiki So Far

      I have been doing research on how new media plays a role and its impact on music. I intend to add information to the wiki page "New Media in Music." I have researched how music has evolved throughout time with the help of new media. The internet has allowed music to be shared with everyone around the world easily. Audio playing formats have also changed greatly such as from cassettes to CD's to MP3 format. Additionally, I have researched how the internet has provided a large platform where music can be streamed on popular websites  like Spotify and Pandora. Apps have been developed to stream music as well such as Google play music , itunes radio, Tidal and Musical.ly. My goal is to add more to the page on how new media has increased the sharing, marketing, and streaming of music overtime. It has definitely made everyone's lives easier because files can be shared very easily. Compared to the past, now everyone plays music on their phones and iPods rather than on a CD player or Cassette. Lastly, I will discuss the impact new media has had on the profits of the entertainment industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment