Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Blog: Social networking sites

      Everyone seems to have a social media account today in order to stay updated on news or to share a part of their life with close friends and family. Some of the most popular websites used are Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. I use all of these accounts to know what's going on in the world and to connect with relatives or friends. Facebook is the website I use all the time because I enjoy looking through my Newsfeed and discovering things that are occurring around us. Facebook gives you notifications, has Facebook Live, and has great privacy settings which I enjoy. Facebook is organized and allows you to personalize your account to your interests. My first impression of Twitter is great in that it is a easy way to communicate with others around the world. With its 140 character limit, I can tweet out simplistic thoughts and get replies fast. Additionally, it's nice seeing what everyone has to say on a subject and you can easily search a specific subject by entering the hashtag in the search tool. Pinterest is a social networking site I use mostly for visual content. I find it a useful resource to search up images related to a specific subject. For example, if I am trying to find party decoration ideas, I just log into the website and search it and I get various results. This helps me out a lot because Pinterest has a lot of unique images and ideas on its homepage. Lastly, I use Instagram to express myself to close friends and family. I use it as a medium to connect with others and share a part of my life and interests. This website is great in that you can do Instagram live and chat with others in real time. All in all, all of these websites allows us to network, build links, and share parts of our lives with others. Today, social networking sites are important because it is a place where one can spread awareness and help others in need. Online communication is key if you want to stay updated on events.

No comments:

Post a Comment